Sonntag, 12. Februar 2012

ACTA goes on... new iLog entry

Phew... Germany does not sign the ACTA-treaty yet, copying Poland. ACTA isn't effective in the EU (European Union - 28 countries in summer [adding Croatia then]), because not every country signed it yet. But I see the digital "1984" coming.
And I fear Apple won't come and rescue the freedom of the internet.

Anyway, I've got to talk about the weather here in Germany. It's damn cold. That's it. No snow (at least, not much), just -18°C and below. Can't there be just a wave of warm days in February?


iLog (12/Feb/2012)

iWizard
On the other hand, I have news in the progress of iWizard:
The class trip to the pile had a violence-high, but it dissolved just before the classmates of the main character gather around the teacher - and go back to the youth hostel.
Later, his two roommates go away - leaving him locked out of the room for two hours.
As they return, he feels tired and a bit dizzy. He wants to get a snatch of sleep, but there is a party in the room.
He falls asleep anyway, only to wake up in the night with a strange feeling expanding from the left arm...

I have a more detailed idea for the third chapter: a classmate of the main character is (secretly) possessed by a demonic ghost which wants to destruct the world as soon as a certain paragraph of a spell book is read aloud - in the Tuscany. 
The name of chapter 3: Legends can be deceiving.


Lingua Romanica Communa
I brought a scribbling pad to note down the grammar of my language.
The present tense looks virtually like Classical Latin and may sound like it in the classic, restored pronunciation.
Speaking of sounds, I worked also on the phonetic features, taking various developments of Vulgar Latin into account.
It may sound half Italian and half Old Spanish.

In orthography, it follows mainly Italian and Latin, with the inclusion of a special letter: the "e caudata" (tailed e): ę, which symbolized originally an abbreviated version of the AE-ligrature in Latin.
As far as I plan, the demonstratives and definite articles will be completely shifted to match the endings of the nouns.
But it does not have to be like this for the articles.

Stay hungry, foolish and tuned!

Breaking News - Feb/12/2012
Sad news as soon as I switched on my iMac today: Whitney Houston has died at age 48.
I didn't know much about her, but I know her iconic song "I Will Always Love You".
I literally witness the 80s falling apart:
Michael Jackson (died June 25, 2009) , Steven Paul Jobs (died October 5, 2011) and now Whitney Houston died relatively young. We will miss them.

Requiescant in Pace vox angelorum  - Rest in piece voice of the Angels

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen